Bay View Resort
Make Bay View Resort your home away from home while you experience the
beautiful Buckhorn area and the Kawartha Lakes.
Here are just a few of the many things to see and do.
- Fishing is one the main attractions.
See Fishing Notes
- Petroglyphs Provincial Park is just a 40 minute drive away.
See aboriginal rock carvings over 600 years old,
hike to High Falls (13km) or enjoy the walking trails.
Petroglyphs Provincial Park.
- Smithavens Brewing Company is a 25 minute drive away in Peterborough.
Smithavens Brewing Company.
- Kawartha Country Wines (Winery) is a 15 minute drive away.
Kawartha Country Wines.
- Try Kayaking or Canoeing on Eels Creek or the Mississagua. River.
- Whetung Ojibwa Art Gallery and Crafts is at the
Curve Lake Reserve, about 18 km drive
- Lockside Trading Company, Young's Point. Clothing, Furniture, Crafts and more, about 20 km drive
Lockside Trading Company.
- Gallery-on-the Lake and the Buckhorn School of Fine Art
are in the village of Buckhorn which is 8 km by road or 5 km by boat
from Bay View .
- Arts and Crafts shops and Antique shops
are in many of the nearby villages.
- The new Canadian Canoe Museum,
the Peterborough Liftlocks
and the Trent-Severn Waterway Museum, Art Galleries,
and more, are in Peterborough, just 35 minutes away.
- Boat cruises are available on Stoney Lake,
Sturgeon Lake and over the Liftlocks in Peterborough.
- 2 Golf Courses are near by plus
numerous courses in the area.
- Wild Water and Wheels , Water Slides, Go-carting is 30 minutes away.
There are lots of things to see in the area.
Contact the Peterborough Kawartha Tourism and Convention Bureau
in Peterborough for more information.
Below are pictures of the resort and area. ( via Facebook)